Do's and Don't s of Donating to the Back Porch Thrift Store
Please keep in mind...
1. Wash or dry clean clothing before donating.
2. Make certain electrical equipment, appliances and battery operated items are working properly.
3. Make certain all pieces of games, puzzles and other items are included.
1. Do not donate items with stains, tears or pet hair.
2. Do not donate items that are broken.
3. Do not give items that have been or are subject to recall, banned or that do not meet safetystandards. For further information visit the website for the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
4. Do not bring donated items to the UCM
5. Please do not leave donations in the back alley behind the Back Porch Thrift Store during non-donation hours.
The Back Porch Thrift Store accepts gently used clothing, furniture, housewares, working electronics, books, records and many other items, which we sell through our store to raise funds to support our programs for those in need. There are however, items which we cannot accept due to condition, lack of resale value, , size and weight.
- Safety is also very important to us, so we encourage our donors to be aware of potential product safety hazards.
- We also cannot accept items which have been recalled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission. For questions about these items, please visit www.cpsc.gov for further information.
- Whenever items are donated which we cannot use we must dispose of them, adding to our cost of operations and reducing the funds available for our programs.
- Thank you for thinking of UCM and please check our donation guidelines located on our Information on Donations page.